Copyright Information

The design work, text and photographs on this site are copyright by The Craft Bin, LLC. This information is shared to inspire you. All content on this site is not to be used for commercial purposes without explicit permission. Thank you so much for your support!

Blogroll

Custom Web Applications

Sunday, January 4, 2009

"D" is for Daughter

Happy New Year! everyone. How was your holiday? Are you ready for my first post of the year?


For those of you have a daughter, what does your daughter mean to your? Is she a joy bringer? a heart warmer? a memory maker? I am sure she is all that, plus she is your love, right?

Today's page layout is for "D" in an ABC baby girl album.

A couple of things I want to mention:
1. For the phrase, "A daughter is .. a joy bringer, a heart warmer, a memory maker. A daughter is ... love.", I printed it on the back side of vellum paper so the ink will not get smeared easily. Also when you print on vellum paper, make sure you change print option for transparency so less ink will come out. Do not touch the printed vellum paper for a few minutes after print. Otherwise, you will smear the prints.

2. For the lower right hand corner, I took Heidi Swapp's clear extras and painted with red, green and white acrylic paint on the back side. I mixed white with red and green paint separately to make different shades of pink and green. One thing I like about these clear extras is if I mess up the paint, I can wash it off with water and try it again. I hope you will give this a try.


Items used in this layout include:

1. Chatterbox's Villa Memory Building Kit
2. Chatterbox's red and pink ribbons
3. Chatterbox's Olive fuzz stickers
4. Heidi Swapp's Pink Chipboard Alphabet Box
5. Heidi Swapp's clear extras from Runway Collection.

No comments: